TERRO T1812 Outdoor Liquid Ant Killer Bait Stakes
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $6.14
- Amount Saved: $1.85
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Attracts and kills all common household ants outside before they get inside
- Weatherproof, pre-filled ant traps are ready-to-use
- Tiered bait pack increases bait consumption, minimizes waste
- See-through window enables easy monitoring of ant bait level
- Snap off bait activation keeps liquid bait fresh until ready to use
- Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 7.75 x 2.75 inches;
- ASIN: B00GRTNRJ4
- Item model number: T1812
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
TERRO Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes (T1812)
Long-term control of pesky sweet-eating ants is a piece of cake with TERRO Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes. This highly effective, unique liquid baiting technique kills the ants you see, and the hundreds you don’t. To use, simply place the pre-filled ant bait stakes into the ground near areas where ants have been observed. Then sit back and relax. Your work is complete.
Bait, Wait, Eliminate
Effective, long-term control of ants is dependent on baiting the worker ants – the ants you see marching indoors and outdoors around your house – with the unique TERRO liquid ant bait formulation. As worker ants forage for food, they are drawn to the sweet liquid in the Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes. While the active ingredient in the bait will ultimately kill the worker ants by interfering with their digestive system, it is designed to kill slowly. This slow kill gives the foraging ants adequate time to return to their nest and deliver a deadly dose of bait to the hundreds of ants hiding out in the colony.
How does the liquid ant bait work to control ant invasions?
Adult worker ants cannot digest solid food, they can only transport and digest liquids. That’s what makes this product so effective – the ants can easily digest and transport the liquid bait back to the rest of the colony. As ants search for food, they are drawn to the sweet liquid in the Outdoor Ant Bait Stakes. While the active ingredient in the bait will eventually kill the worker ant and the entire colony, it works slowly enough to allow time for the foraging ants to deliver it back to the rest of the nest. Within a few days of placing the ant stakes, there will be a significant decline in the number of ants visiting the bait.
How long does it take to kill an entire ant colony when using TERRO Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes?
When you first place the ant bait stakes in the ground, you will see a surge in the number of ants. Don’t be concerned, this is normal. The ants will consume the bait and return to the nest to share the bait with the rest of the colony. Depending on the size of the colony, this can take from a couple of days to several weeks. It is important to leave the ant stake undisturbed while the ants are actively feeding on the bait. A see-thru window on the stakes enables you to monitor how much bait is in the stake. Replace the stake when the bait pack is empty.
- Place the TERRO Outdoor Liquid Bait Stakes near ant trails or areas where ants are observed entering your home.
- Place the bait stakes securely in the ground by pushing with your hand until the bottom of the ant bait stake is flush with the ground. Do not push the stake into the ground with your foot or a tool.
- After the stake is in place, activate it by breaking off the bait pack tab. The ants will enter the bait stake through the hole created by removing the tab.
- Monitor the bait level on a regular basis, being careful not to disturb the ants or the stakes while doing so. Replace the stakes when the bait level is no longer visible through the bait pack window.
- For long-term ant control, keep a fresh supply of ant bait available for foraging ants to feed on.
- Wait patiently. Depending on the size of the ant infestation, complete annihilation of the colony may take up to two weeks.